A dog has rescued his owner after her iPad caught fire.
According to report, Bubba raced to his owner when her home began to fill up with smoke. The elderly woman Laverne said she had not been feeling fine, so she plugged her iPad in the kitchen and went to bed. She was fast asleep when her dog nipped at her hand to alert her of the danger.
The firefighters who responded to the scene told Laverne that she was very lucky that her pet Bubba woke her up at that time he did, because of the highly flammable oxygen tanks in the home. They said the chemicals alone would have filled the house, and if she had not woken up, she probably would have died in bed and the tanks could have exploded.
The oxygen tanks belongs to Laverne who has an incurable lung disease and relies on oxygen tanks to survive. In her statement, she said her pet Bubba knew she was in trouble, that was why he alerted her.
After calling Pasco County Fire Rescue for help, she tried to put out the fire herself. She opened all the windows in her house but was forced to wait for the fire department outside, because she and bubba could hardly breath.
According to her, She and her pet Bubba used to watch videos together on the Apple device and now that the iPad is beyond repair, she can’t afford to buy another iPad and cannot even drive herself to apple store to get another one.
She still remains grateful for being alive ”I may not know how long I have, but I am here with my dog and happy,” she said. “He saved my life. My hero, that’s how I really feel about him. “He’s my hero”