Sleep paralysis is a feeling of being conscious or awake but unable to move. When this occurs, one maybe unable to move or speak for a few seconds or minutes. Some people may also feel pressure or a sense of choking.
This is a sign that your body is not functioning properly through the stages of sleep. Sometimes, people describe sleep paralysis as an evil stronghold or presence of night demons because of its mysterious and scary strangling or shoky feelings. It is a common condition and can affects men and women and often first noticed in the teen years. It can also be a genetic condition.
Causes of Sleep Paralysis
- Genetic Disorder
- Lack of sleep
- Sleeping on your back
- Use of some medications
- Drug or Substance Abuse
- Changes in Sleep schedule
- Mental conditions such as Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety and stress
Related Post > Ways To Stop Drooling in Your Sleep
Treatment of Sleep Paralysis
Most Sleep paralysis problems does not require any treatment. But when you are very anxious or having sleeping difficulties from the effects, you can try this remedies.
- Avoid drugs and Substance (e.g Heroine) abuse.
- Improve sleep habits. Get enough sleep every night at least 7 to 8 hours. It will help your body system especially the brain to function properly
- If necessary, use antidepressant medication to help regulate sleep cycles. Make sure you consult with your doctor for more professional advice.
- Treat any Mental health Issues that may cause sleep paralysis.
- Treat any sleep disorders, such as narcolepsy (Narcolepsy is an overpowering need to sleep caused by a problem with the brain’s ability to regulate sleep)